Future students will learn easily and quickly because of modern technologies for education which are being developed for the future. The main goal is to create an educational environment which encourages students to read more and learn from anywhere in the world. So these future technologies are being created in mind that they have to be user friendly and also affordable to any student or any school . Teachers will use these future educational technologies to tailor lessons basing on students interests. Forget about the classroom where you’re taught what you do not like, in the future, students will learn only what they like most and this will boost innovation amongst students and teachers.
Educational leaders and ministries have to notice that the rules and curriculum of education will change in the future, so they have to be ready for these changes and they have to create an infrastructure which will accommodate these changes in education. For example, the introduction of E-Mobile learning has and will make education more mobile. Mobile phones are portable and now days we have smart phones which can access internet and they also have big storage hardware which can be used to store electronic books and notes for students. So long distance learners can easily use their smart mobile phones to attend a lesson in Harvard University or any other academic institution; they can also use the same device to download course units and books for further reading about a specific subject.
Lets look at another technological tool which can shape education in the future, ”INTERNET”
The internet has proved strong in changing many industries, it has re-shaped the music industry, changed the way we connect , it has changed journalism , re-shaped the retail industry. Now it will also change the way we learn in the feature. Already we have started using internet in long distance learning, who knows what else internet will do in re-shaping the education world. Below i have listed a brief list of Future Technology in Education:
(1) Foldable Tablets: Many tablets have popped up on the market and are all being used by teachers and students for easily learning and teaching. In the future students and teachers will use Foldable Tablet Pc’s , these tablets can fold in many different directions. It has a flexible screen which makes learning and presentation in class so simple and interesting. This tablet can fold over the side and it displays content and images clearly. As you can see in the picture, this can be a game changer in classroom technology.
(2) Digitized Classrooms: The future classroom will be digitized; teachers and students will use less or no paper and chalk. In a future digitized classroom, each student will have a personalized computer and all lessons will be conducted with educational tools displayed on the electronic interactive board and also displayed on student’s computers. This will make learning interesting and personalized, because if the classroom is too big, students will have no struggles of listening to their teachers, the teacher can simply used the computer to send or receive comments from their students and help them accordingly. With this technology, students will be in position to save and reuse electronic lessons anytime. Digitized classrooms will have high quality 3D visualization and audio systems which will provide the opportunity for an interactive presentation. Read more here……mes.gov.ge
(3) Electronic Paper screens: Future technology will replace the normal papers we use in the classrooms to take notes with an electronic paper screen. This Electronic paper has the same characteristics of a normal paper such as being thin, being flexible, and being lightweight. It uses very little energy and it displays images very well making learning simple and interesting. Some of these electronic papers can feature three or more layers in different colors, so you can decide to switch to a colored version or use the normal plain white paper. An electronic paper has a memory which can store all images, so you will not need power to retrieve them. Students and teachers can use these electronic papers in the classroom for visual illustrations.
The electronic paper in the photo below is manufactured by LG, It has a 9.7 inch , color e-paper display and a 19 inch e-paper screen. It has a very low consumption of power because it will only use its battery when the display is flipped.
Other future educational technologies can include:
- Educational Programming Tools
- Student Developed Apps
- Video Lessons
- Education App Stores
- Flipped Classrooms
- Inter-school Teaching Platforms