New emerging educational technologies are changing the way we learn. Education has become too flexible and fan. Technology for education is promoting individual learning and mobile learning, both teachers and students are benefiting from this new technology for education. Some of the barriers in education have been broken down by this new technology for education; students can learn from anywhere, teachers can easily reach their students from anywhere.Technology is helping to change education in a positive way; it is part of the modern world. Technology for education is improving grades for students and it prepares them for the future.
Future Jobs will require every applicant to have some technological skills, so those who don’t know how to use various technological tools like computers and internet will be left out. Below I have listed some of the advantages of new educational technology:
- Promotes Individual learning and research: Technology for education provides us with tools which can allow us to learn on our own. Individual learning is good, because a student will not feel shy or embarrassed when they fail to learn some thing. It also promotes individual research and this helps students to deeply learn about a specific topic of interest. Many students use online platforms like Piazza.com to join virtual classroom where they can ask questions and get answers on any topic, shy students have found such platforms very useful because they can use fake names on these forums to ask about anything. The use of computer aided instruction tools also makes students stay in control of what they learn; a student can easily make mistakes and correct them without feeling embarrassed.
New technology for education used to promote individual learning:
- · Amazon Kindle
This kindle tablet is one of the best tools any student can use for individual learning. A kindle uses an electronic ink screen which looks and reads like a normal paper, the text is sharp and clear so you can buy electronic books from Amazon and read them via your kindle. The good thing about a kindle is that it has a long lasting battery; its consumption of power is low compared to other tablets. And a Kindle will not require power to maintain a page of text, meaning, you can read for a full month on just one single charge. . Buy this kindle From Amazon.com
- Wifi smart pen – LiveScribe Echo 8GB:
This is a cool technology for students who have trouble taking notes in the classroom. I just wish it was invented those days when i was still in school. This wifi smart pen can record every thing you hear and turn it into text. It wirelessly sync notes and audio to your Evernote account so that you can organize and share it with friends. It has a big storage space of 8GB, meaning it can store as much audio data as you want. Buy this wifi smart pen from Here
Students can use this Smartphone to learn from any where; it is a simple easy-to-use light phone. You can do anything with this smart phone, you can download and listen to audio lessons, download educational apps like ‘’Library Apps, Math Apps , English Apps ‘’ etc , from Apple stores, you can watch live streaming Youtube educational videos, you can download and read educational e-books using this iPhone5. Buy it from Here
- 2. Improves Writing and Reading Skills:
New Technology for education improves the way students write or spell. Using computers in the classroom helps students learn how to blog or write educative essays. Since these computers have word applications which have built-in dictionaries, students will find it easy to write essays or take notes using a computer. Also students can learn how to spell using English teaching games. These teaching games will present a student with simple and complex English games and puzzles for a student to solve, then, some English video games can even teach them how to pronounce specific English terms. Students find typing with a keyboard more interesting than writing with a Pen.
New Technology for Education used to improve students writing skills:
- Starter Paragraph Punch – Online Edition:This software will help a student develop basic paragraph writing skills. The application contains 16 writing topics and over 1,628 help prompts to help students write standard paragraphs. The software is designed for students in Grade 4 – 5. Get this software here
- Ultimate Style: The Rules Of Writing: This is the best online grammar guide. The site provides rules of writing and it also has A-Z lists of common English questions. Try it out here:
- WriteToLearn: It works as an online literacy tool for improving reading and writing skills for students of all grades. They provide an easy-to-use and effective writing instruction to help a student learn how to write and spell. Learn more here:
- Makes Educational Material Accessible: New technology for education has made educational material accessible to anyone around the world. Broadband internet technology has facilitated the growth of online education, which has helped students from developing countries get a chance to access valuable educational material. Also busy people who would like to upgrade on their academic level, have found online education very flexible, because they can attend lessons during their free time after work.
- Improves Students Attitude Towards Learning: Since this new technology makes education fan, students do not get bored while learning. The integration of Gamification technology in the classroom has improved students interest in learning. Students are encouraged to play educational videos and games to solve specific puzzles. For example, Math games help students learn how to solve math equations. Try out websites like www.ixl.com
- Prepares Students For Change: Tomorrows job market will require applicants to have technological skills. So it is of great benefit if we use new technology for education in schools. Using of computers in the classroom helps students learn how to type and spell, these two basic computer skills will be required tomorrow. Technology increases the chance of students to get well paying jobs in the future.
- Helps Students with Special Needs: New technology for education has helped students with special needs learn better. For example, the use of iPads and robots helps students with Austism to learn how to talk and spell. In most cases, these students have trouble interacting with others while at school, but ipads are fan to use, so teachers equip these students with ipads which have educational content. According to research, a study found that students with Dyslexia learn how to read when they use computers in