Youtube is a video hosting service with billions of videos uploaded by the community. Since the network is relevant to our educational environment, many educators have created educational Youtube Channels with videos which can be used for educational purposes. Both teachers and students have found great use of these educational Youtube channels, students use these videos for research purposes and they also use them for individual learning. Teachers with smart digital white boards, use educational Youtube channels to derive live streaming lessons and examples on specific subjects.
Due to the advancement in technology, it is no-longer time consuming to record a video, both teachers and students use simple gadgets like Smartphone cameras or tablet cameras to record educational videos then they upload them on their personal educational Youtube Channels. Today I have compiled a list of 10 best educational Youtube channels:
Best Youtube Educational Channels For Education:
- 1. NPTEL:
The channel is basically dedicated to provide technical lectures from top seven Indian institutes of science and technology. So if you’re a science student or teacher, you will find relevant educational videos on this channel. As of now NPTEL has 143,337 subscribers and 84,200,265 video views.
All video courses are arranged as Play-lists under these categories:
- Core Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
2. UC Berkeley:
This creative educational Youtube channel was created by ”The University of Califonia ” Berkeley is a public research and teaching institute. Via their YouTube channel, you can watch videos about the Campus life of Berkeley University, watch events and so much more. UC Berkeley has uploaded 5,510 videos and they have got over 107,592 subscribers and 20,122,040 video views, so as an educator or student, you can as well subscribe to this educational Youtube channel so that you get more educational content.
Featured Playlists include:
- Computer Science
- General Psychology
- Climate Change and the Law – Fall 2008
- Soft X-Rays and Extreme Ultraviolet Radiation
- 3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT educational Youtube channel was created to educated students in science , technology and other academic areas which can be of great benefit to students. MIT has uploaded over 2,901 videos and it has got over 245,453 subscribers. Popular channels include Social Sciences, Economics and Development Economics. Some of the featured playlists include:
- The Challenge of World Poverty, Spring 2011
- Probabilistic Systems Analysis and Applied Probability
- The History of MIT, Spring 2011
- Darwin and Design, Fall 2010
- Introduction to Psychology, Fall 2011
- Physics I: Classical Mechanics, Fall 1999
- Electricity and Magnetism, Spring 2002
- Introduction to EECS I
- Principles of Microeconomics
- 4. Stanford University:
This is a dedicated educational channel to Stanford University students. But also students from other universities can find educational content on this channel. The most popular Stanford channels include; The Cardinal Channel which has 4,112 subscribers, Stanford Medicine with 30,083 subscribers , Stanford Law School has got 1,176 subscribers , Stanford School of Humanities with 916 subscribers , Stanford Engineering has got 320 subscribers and so much more.
Some of the featured playlists I liked include:
- Entrepreneurship through the Lens of Venture Capital.
- The Theoretical Minimum: Quantum Mechanics – This course is comprised of six-quarter sequences of classes which explore essential theoretical foundations of modern physics.
- 5. YouTube Teachers
You can be part of this creative educational Youtube channel, the channel has over 700,000 high quality educational videos which can be used by both teachers and students. Most of these educational videos have been uploaded by experienced teachers covering different topics in education. Teachers you can spend less time searching for educational videos and divert all that time to teaching your students, simply go to the classroom section of this channel, you will find topics arranged by category, some of the main categories include ; Math , Science and Social Studies .
Featured topics include:
- Counting & Cardinality
- Counting and One-to-one Correspondence
- Kindergarten Numbers and Counting
- Graphing in Quadrant
- Perimeter and Area of Rectangles
- Surface Area
- Expressions & Equations
- Distributive Property
- Exponent Rules
- Linear Inequalities
- Order of Operations
- Equations of Lines
- Arithmetic with Polynomials & Rational Expressions
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
- Binomial Theorem and Pascal’s Triangle
- Dividing Polynomials and The Remainder Theorem
- Multiplying Polynomials
- Polynomial Functions
- Simplify and Factor Polynomials
- Creating Equations
This list of educational playlists on this educational channel are endless, visit this channel here:
- 6. TED-Ed
TED is an online library of short, captivating educational videos. Easily discover educational content for your students or individual learning via this TED-ED Youtube channel. As of now the channel has got 233,051 subscribers and 16,012,069 video views. The channel has videos which teach you on various topics, some of the most popular topics include:
- Inside OKCupid: The math of online dating – which has got 45,054 views
- Where we get our fresh water – has got 15,936 views
- The historical audacity of the Louisiana Purchase – has scored 19,478 views
- How did trains standardize time in the United States? – Created by William Heuisler , it has got 18,445 views.
You can discover lots of interesting educational videos on this channel, and most of them are good for individual learning and research purposes.
- 7. Google in Education
Many educators and students use various Google services for educational purposes. This Google in Education YouTube Channel is among the best educational Youtube channels you should use. The Channel has many sub-channels with great educational content, featured channels include;
- GScience Fair – which has 22,079 subscribers
- YouTube Space Lab – which has over 149,448 subscribers
- Youtube for schools – has socred 5,999 subscribers
- Google Students – has over 9,865 subscribers
Featured Playlists include:
- Chromebooks for Edu – Case Studies
- Chromebooks for Edu- Overview information
- Chromebooks for Edu- Management Console
And so much more educational content you can use in your classroom or individual learning. Go to this Channel here:
- 8. Macmillan Education
Many of you know Macmillan as an international educational publisher who specializes in English Language teaching and curriculum publication. Students if you want to learn and improve on your English language, i suggest you follow this Macmillan Educational Youtube channel. As of now the channel has got 3,471 subscribers and 905,886 video views.
To join Macmillan Education, visit their channel here:
- 9. Discovery Education
If you want to see some unique educational videos on just about anything, then this Discover Education Channel is the best for you. The channel was created by Discover Channel, it engages students through dynamic curricular resources like science and technology.
- 10. HBS Executive Education
Harvard Business School has created an extensive educational Youtube channel. HBS is a respected business school, so if you want to learn about business management and all other courses in business, then this channel will be of great benefit to you. Some of the most popular featured playlists include:
- Leadership and Corporate Accountability:- Designed for senior executives , it examines a range of leadership issues related to management and governance systems.
- Leadership in Financial Organizations:-Via this playlist, you will learn how to lead franchises, teams and entire organizations more effectively.